A&T Research Capabilities
Best of the Blog 2014
N.C. A&T social work researcher aids U.N. agency with study of unaccompanied child refugees ... Research integrity and The Art of War ... Self-plagiarism: Is there really a problem with it? (Spoiler alert: Yeah, there is, and it’s a serious one) ... 12 thoughts on evolution for a snowy Darwin Day ... and more
On the web
- RT @Liv_Lanes: Grad school, before and after. https://t.co/tjMMouw4Wq 1 day ago
- RT @MIT_CSAIL: Left: MIT computer scientist Katie Bouman w/stacks of hard drives of black hole image data. Right: MIT computer scientist… 2 weeks ago
- RT @crstamu: Congratulations to @maysbusiness Ph.D. student @unnatinarang on receiving the 2018 Shankar Spiegel Award for her research and… 4 weeks ago
- RT @MSA_TAMU: Praying for our martyrs #51lives https://t.co/KzmRJhzQ5n 1 month ago
- RT @KBTXNews: MISSING AGGIE: Texas A&M University Police are asking for help tracking down this student who was last seen this morning. htt… 1 month ago
Most recent posts:
- Inclusive research validity gives us the whole truth about the systems we study and their diverse users
- N.C. A&T to lead $5 million USAF research project on controlling teams of unmanned military vehicles
- A&T, partners break ground at multi-campus site
- College of Engineering joins White House initiative to produce engineers ready for ‘Grand Challenges’
- N.C. A&T post-harvest technologies research center to expand lab space at N.C. Research Campus
- New IEEE chapter in Triad led by N.C. A&T engineer to focus on communications and signal processing
- Two faculty leaders among 40 Leaders Under 40
- A&T biology professor honored by White House
Key N.C. A&T Web Sites
- Research @ N.C. A&T
- Division of Research & Economic Development
- Center for Academic Studies in Identity Sciences
- Center for Behavioral Health and Wellness
- Center for Energy Research and Technology
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems
- Center for Excellence in Post-Harvest Technologies
- Cooperative Extension Program
- Gateway University Research Park
- Joint School of Nanoscience & Nanoengineering
- JOMC Journal
- NOAA Interdisciplinary Scientific Environmental Technology Cooperative Science Center
- NSF CREST Bioenergy Center
- NSF Engineering Research Center for Revolutionizing Metallic Biomaterials
- North Carolina A&T State University
- REACH NC (database of researchers)
- Administration Agriculture Best of the blog 2014 Biomedical Research Biotechnology Business & Economics Civic Engagement Commentary Compliance Creative Activity DORED DORED Documents Dr. Ntuen's Thoughts Economic Development Energy Engineering Entrepreneurship Environment ERC-RMB Ethics Events Evolution Faculty Funders Funding Opportunities Gateway University Research Park Graduate Students Grant of the Month Grants Internships JSNN Library Logistics N.C. Research Campus Nano News Media NIH NOAA ISET NSF Off-topic but relevant Publications Research Awards Research Week Social & Behavioral Sciences STEM Technology Transfer Training Translational and Clinical Science Uncategorized Undergraduate Research
- June 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (3)
- February 2015 (3)
- January 2015 (3)
- November 2014 (3)
- October 2014 (12)
- September 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (12)
- July 2014 (5)
- June 2014 (9)
- May 2014 (5)
- April 2014 (8)
- March 2014 (4)
- February 2014 (10)
- January 2014 (14)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (4)
- October 2013 (12)
- September 2013 (6)
- August 2013 (2)
- July 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (3)
- March 2013 (8)
- February 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (5)
- November 2012 (10)
- October 2012 (19)
- September 2012 (14)
- August 2012 (10)
- July 2012 (13)
- June 2012 (12)
- May 2012 (13)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (26)
- February 2012 (16)
- January 2012 (26)
- December 2011 (9)
- November 2011 (11)
- October 2011 (17)
- September 2011 (13)
- August 2011 (23)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (9)
- May 2011 (11)
- April 2011 (24)
- March 2011 (26)
- February 2011 (25)
- January 2011 (4)
- November 2010 (6)
- October 2010 (14)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (12)
Locations of visitors
Monthly Archives: February 2014Image Image
A group of historically black universities across the country has been selected for an initiative to bring more of the technology created by their research out of the lab to create new revenue, companies and jobs.
N.C. A&T is one of 15 schools selected for the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Innovation and Entrepreneurship Collaborative. A total of 44 schools applied to join the project. N.C. A&T and Fayetteville State University were selected from North Carolina.
“Commercializing technology generated by A&T researchers will generate revenue for the university and holds the potential for new companies and jobs for Greensboro and the Piedmont Triad,” said Wayne Szafranski, assistant vice chancellor for outreach and economic development.
“This is an area where A&T already has had some success, and we know we have more technology with commercial potential. This program will help us create greater awareness and ability, all across the campus, to capitalize on the technology our faculty and students are creating.”
An advocate for young black men and an advocate for entrepreneurs are two young professionals at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who have been recognized among the 2014 “40 Leaders Under 40” in the Piedmont Triad by The Business Journal.
Dr. Anthony Graham, chairman of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, and Mr. Louis Judge III, the university’s director of technology transfer, received their awards February 20.
Details on both follow the jump.
Darwin Day is observed on February 12 each year. This year in Greensboro, everyone was too busy thinking about how to get home from work to have any thoughts deeper than our seven inches of snow. Today, just about everyone is stuck at home, so we all can think as deeply as we please about anything. Perhaps global warming will relieve humanity of the need to evolve into an animal that can cope with snow.
There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species
Creation is not an event that happened in 4004 BC; it is a process that began some 10 billion years ago and is still under way.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, “Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution”
Evolution, of course, is not something that simply applies to life here on earth; it applies to the whole universe.
Each human being exists because there’s something they have to offer for the evolution of the universe that only they can fulfill.
Of course in science there are things that are open to doubt and things need to be discussed. But among the things that science does know, evolution is about as certain as anything we know.
Evolution is an indispensable component of any satisfying explanation of our psychology.
I’m still my parent’s child, I’m still me, but I made a choice. I evolved into Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I think it has to do with evolution.
Darwin’s theory of evolution is a framework by which we understand the diversity of life on Earth.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
I want to grow. I want to be better. You grow. We all grow. We’re made to grow. You either evolve, or you disappear.
As far as I’m concerned, if there is a supreme being then He chose organic evolution as a way of bringing into existence the natural world … which doesn’t seem to me to be necessarily blasphemous at all.
The Seeding Postdoctoral Innovators in Research and Education (SPIRE) Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at UNC-CH is funded by the National Institute for General Medical Sciences.
SPIRE’s goal is to provide tomorrow’s science scholars and educators with a holistic approach to postgraduate professional development. SPIRE blends an outstanding research environment with broad professional development activities and hands-on classroom experiences for scientists who want to combine research with undergraduate and graduate education.