North Carolina A&T’s most outstanding researchers are recognized each April with the Research Excellence Awards. For 2014 there again are five categories:
- Senior Research of the Year: Recognizing outstanding research and/or creative activity by tenured faculty members who have been at the university at least three years.
- Outstanding Junior Researcher of the Year: Honoring tenure-track faculty members in at least their third year of service at A&T and who are currently involved in research and show promise of making a significant contribution to their field.
- Rookie of the Year: Recognizing the work of a tenure-track faculty member in his or her second year of service at N.C. A&T.
- Intellectual Property Award: Recognizing researchers’ work to disseminate, commercialize or publish intellectual property created in the course of their research or creative activity.
- Interdisciplinary Team Award: Honoring research projects that break down the traditional boundaries of academic disciplines.
Deadlines and key dates:
- Departments must submit all nominees to to colleges and schools by close of business Monday February 24, 2014.
- Colleges and schools must submit all of their nominees to the Division of Research and Economic Development by close of business Monday March 3.
- Winners will be announced Tuesday, April 1.
- Winners will be recognized at the Research Excellence Awards dinner on Friday April 11.