Chancellor Harold L. Martin, Sr., and Dr. Jagannathan Sankar are among the Piedmont Triad leaders named to the “Most Influential People” list by The Business Journal of the Triad.
Martin was cited for his “ambitious agenda” to increase the university’s enrollment, research and engagement. Sankar earned his place on the list by virtue of the technology commercialization work recently initiated by the NSF Engineering Research Center for Revolutionizing Metallic Biomaterials, of which he is director.
Other persons of interest on the list:
- Dr. David Carroll, Director of the Center for Nanotechnology and Molecular Materials, Wake Forest University;
- George Clopton, Vice President of Supply Chain Operations, Ralph Lauren Corp., High Point, and board chairman, International Civil Rights Center and Museum;
- “Elder statesman” Henry Frye, now of counsel with the law firm Brooks Pierce McLendon Humphrey & Leonard;
- Shirley Frye, chair of the Joseph M. Bryan Foundation, vice chair of the N.C. A&T Foundation, and board member for the N.C. School of Math and Science and High Point University, among many others; and
- Dean Jim Ryan of the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering.