The Office of Research Services and Project Management will host a webinar, “How to Write a Competitive NSF CAREER Proposal,” for assistant professors in the STEM disciplines. The webinar will be held in the Fort IRC, Room 410, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday April 18. Registration is not required.
The webinar will cover:
- How to decide when and if to apply for a CAREER grant
- How to position yourself and your research to be competitive for a CAREER
- How to structure your proposal
- How to develop an educational plan
- Keys to success and common mistakes to avoid
- A step-by-step discussion of each section of the proposal and what it needs to tell the reviewers
- How to analyze reviews and decide whether to revise and resubmit
- Questions and Answers
Additional materials, including example proposal sections, proposal outlines and helpful resources, will be included.