Nine outstanding A&T researchers have been nominated for the 2011 Research Excellence Awards.
The university presents three research awards each spring—Senior Researcher of the Year, Outstanding Junior Researcher, and Rookie of the Year. Nominations are made by the colleges and schools. Each college and school has the opportunity to nominate a candidate in each category.
Nominees for Senior Researcher of the Year are:
- Dr. Yusuf Adewuyi, Department of Chemical & Bioengineering, College of Engineering;
- Dr. Lyubov Kurkalova, Department of Economics, School of Business & Economics;
- Dr. Tyra Whittaker, Department of Human Development and Services, School of Education; and
- Dr. Mulumebet Worku, Department of Animal Sciences, School of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences.
Nominees for Outstanding Junior Researcher are:
- Dr. Zhichao Li, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, College of Engineering; and
- Dr. Zhaoqiong Qin, Department of Manufacturing Systems, School of Technology.
Nominees for Rookie of the year are:
- Dr. Quintin Boston, Department of Human Development and Services, School of Education;
- Dr. Elham Fini, Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering; and
- Dr. Jenora Waterman, Department of Animal Sciences, School of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences.
The winners will be announced on Tuesday March 15 at the university’s Honors Convocation. They will be invited to make presentations on their research on Faculty Research Day, Thursday April 14, and will be honored at the annual Research Awards Dinner on Friday April 15.